I feel like we are just getting out of the Christmas and New Year haze. You know that phase when you don’t know what day it is and you spend a lot of time wearing pyjamas! To start off the year we have been having a collective brainstorm about what we want to do as a family in 2017 . I’m not sure if family wish list is the right title. It sounds a bit airy fairy like these things will happen by magic! Maybe I should call these our 2017 plans to make them sound more definite. I was going to call it a bucket list but that made me think of dying!
This year is going to be a big one for us. Sofia will turn 9 in August (how is this possible!). The boys will start school in September! We have loads of ideas of things we would like to do this year. Some of these are fun things and some are more practical. A couple are boring but necessary. I’m sure we will add to our wish list as the year goes on.
Here are the ideas that we have had so far.
- Learn to drive (me!)
- Decorate the bedrooms
- Make marshmallows
- Go to the zoo
- Take a family holiday
- Get passports for the boys
- Learn some origami (me)
- Have some date nights (me and Rolando)
- Improve our money management
- Celebrate our half birthdays
- Have a birthday party (Sofia)
- Replace our living room carpet (boring but necessary after 3 kids)
- Sort out our garden
- Have a barbeque party
- See a show
- Go to the beach
- Clear out the loft
- Post weekly videos on our YouTube channel
- Go punting in Cambridge
- Do something meaningful for charity (I need to think about this one a bit further to make it more specific)
- Learn how to do handstands and cartwheels (Sofia)
- Have friends over for dinner once a month
- Do meal planning and try out a new recipe each week
- Complete a running challenge (me)
I’ve written out our 2017 family wish list and stuck it on the wall next to our kitchen table. We will see our list every time we eat and it will maybe make us more focused on making these things happen.
Do you make a list of things that you want to do each year? What do you want to do in 2017?